+30 2310870670or at email@example.com
Show on map
Published on 2014-08-31
The Monastery of Zoodohos Pigi is situated on the way to the village Anthohori on the foot of Mount Peristeri, only 10 km from Metsovo. Because of its location in the place Kokkino Lithari, it is also known as Kiatra Rosia. It appears to have been founded in the 17th century and renovated in 1732 by Stergios Ntafos.
In the old times it was a post for the caravans that began from Epirus and headed to Thessaly and the Balkans. In its eastern pediment Zoodohos Pigi and two archangels are depicted.
In its interior one will see splendid murals, icons and work of folkloric art from the 18th and the 19th century.